Vitamin-rich foods deficiency and excess
What is Vitamin?
Vitamin-rich foods deficiency Vitamins are organic compounds that we need in the diet in a small amount for normal growth and metabolism. Different types of vitamins are good for humans bodies in various ways.
Beneficial effects of Vitamins in different diseases
- Antioxidant vitamins (Vitamin A, C, E) are good for cardiovascular disease or cancer.
- High dose of Vitamin A and Vitamin C for smokers.
- Vitamin D (high dose) can help people living in areas of low sunlight, people with Rickets, Osteomalacia, and Osteoporosis diseases.
- Folic acid and Vitamin B 12 & 6 could be beneficial for the prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
- Supplementation of folic acid in women who are trying to get pregnant or in pregnant mothers can prevent neural tube defects in infants.
- What Is A Mutual Fund? Look For Best Mutual Funds For 2022
- Benefits of Walking 24 Minutes a Day
Below are vitamin types and foods that are rich in them.
Yellow pigmented fruits and vegetables are rich in Vitamin A.
- sweet potato and
- fish oil,
- egg yolk
Vitamin A deficiency can result in blindness and eye-related diseases.
Sunlight is the source of vitamin D.
- cod liver oil,
- egg yolk and
Vitamin D supplements can cure bone diseases.
A rich source of vitamin E is vegetable oil.
- Wheat germ,
- sunflower seed,
- cottonseed, corn,
- soybean oil and
- cereal grains
Good for skin diseases.
- citrus and soft fruits
- growing points of vegetables
Vitamin C is important in treating muscle weakness, soft, swollen, bleeding gums, loosening of teeth, poor wound healing, and anemia.
- dark leafy vegetables
- dairy products
- liver and
It is essential in hemorrhagic diseases of newborns.
Vitamin B Complex
- cereal grains
- unpolished rice
- whole wheat
- heart and
- lean cut pork
The deficiency of Vitamin B1 can get wet beriberi or dry beriberi.
- dairy products
- germinating seeds
- young growing plants and
- green plants
B2 deficiency can cause angular stomatitis, glossitis, photophobia, and painful feet. Vitamin-rich foods deficiency
- legume seeds and
Pellagra -3D syndrome (diarrhea, dementia, dermatitis) is common in a deficiency state. Vitamin-rich foods deficiency
- whole grains
- eggs yolk and
A deficiency state is associated with microcytic hypochromic anemia.
- muscle meat
- milk and
Deficiency can be common in a vegan diet even though it is rare.
- green leafy vegetables
- yeast and
Megaloblastic macrocytic anemia and neural tube defect are common in the B12 deficiency state. Vitamin-rich foods deficiency
Danger of Vitamins
Supplementations of vitamins can also be harmful.
- Lipid soluble vitamins are polar hydrophobic molecules, which are all isoprene derivatives. Vitamin-rich foods deficiency
- A high dose of Vitamin A causes reduced bone density, hepatotoxicity, and teratogenic effect.
- Supplementation of provitamin A to smokers is harmful to lung cancer mortality.
- Hypervitaminosis can cause toxic effects on CNS and liver.
- Excess intake of Vitamin D can increase cancer risk.
- Renal stone is the result of excess Vitamin C intake.
- Vitamin B3 excess can cause hepatotoxicity which is reversible on withdrawal. Vitamin-rich foods deficiency
To conclude, vitamins are essential elements for human beings. So, it is important that we need to be careful of both deficiency and excess state of vitamins.